SEVEN ACTION AREAS
- Person – understanding traits and behaviors
- Perception – learning to become more flexible in thinking
- Press – changing learning environments to increase creativity
- Process – using tools & strategies to improve creative output
- Product – creating visual & verbal products to express creativity
- Passion – exploring areas of life-long interests and passions
- Persistence – instilling a desire for continuous improvement
FOUR INSTRUCTIONAL ELEMENTS
- Fluency – many ideas
- Flexibility – different types of ideas
- Originality – unique ideas
- Elaboration – adding details to ideas
CBL On-line . . . anyone, anywhere, anytime - any device!
Curiosita teamed up with MassiveU Inc. to produce a series of Creativity-Based Learning on-line courses. MassiveU has developed a transformative on-line platform that includes gamification, social media, ...
Curiosita Teaching: Creativity-Based Learning Series
About the Series
Creativity-Based Learning is a four-course series designed to help you learn how to teach with and for creativity. In Course #1: Introduction & Person, you will delve into a deeper understanding of creativity, explore creative behaviors, and be introduced to the Creativity Fan framework. Course #2: Process & Product, is “where the rubber meets the road” as we provide tools and strategies, as well as a course of action, for designing product-based learning environments. Course #3: Press & Perception, focuses on techniques for building the internal neural-environment and the external classroom environments conducive for creativity to flourish. And finally, in Course #4: Persistence & Passion, you will have encounters with new concepts and methods for maintaining effort and a passionate level of interest in life-long learning.
Curiosita CBL Course 1: Introduction & Person
Course Description & Learning Objectives
Creativity-Based Learning (CBL): Introduction & Person, is a self-paced professional learning course. It is the first in a series of four courses introducing teachers to the strategies and instructional benefits of CBL. The Curiosita Teaching Program will be presented as a model that provides teachers with the instructional tools and curricular framework design components to integrate creativity into all parts of teaching and learning.
This professional learning experience provides educators with an understanding of the role of creativity in 21st century classrooms. The research and rationale supporting the vital need for creativity in today's classrooms will be shared, including examples of how creativity affects all of us on daily and world-changing levels. Participants are introduced to the Instructional Elements of the Curiosita Creativity Fan Model and provided with an overview of the Seven Action Areas.
- Understand creativity as a developmental skill that can be taught.
- Defend creativity as essential skillsets and mindsets needed for college and career readiness.
- Debunk the myths and misconceptions of creativity.
- Recognize and support positive and negative creative behaviors.
- Teach creative and critical thinking as the cyclic processes of creativity.
- Integrate the Elements of Creativity into instruction.
- Recognize components of the Creativity Fan Model in instructional practice.
- Create a Why statement supporting the integration of creativity.
- Investigate the relationships between curiosity, play, and creativity.