Curiosita Teaching™ Creativity Fan Model
SEVEN ACTION AREAS
- Person – understanding traits and behaviors
- Perception – learning to become more flexible in thinking
- Press – changing learning environments to increase creativity
- Process – using tools & strategies to improve creative output
- Product – creating visual & verbal products to express creativity
- Passion – exploring areas of life-long interests and passions
- Persistence – instilling a desire for continuous improvement
FOUR INSTRUCTIONAL ELEMENTS
- Fluency – many ideas
- Flexibility – different types of ideas
- Originality – unique ideas
- Elaboration – adding details to ideas
Curiosita Teaching™ Educator Sessions
Curiosita Teaching™ helps educators and students unleash the power of their personal creativity!
These sessions begin with an understanding of Curiosita as an “unrelenting quest for creativity” . . . the spark to ignite in all learners. Participants are first introduced to Four Instructional Elements of the Creativity Fan Model: Fluency, Flexibility, Originality and Elaboration. Next the Seven Action Areas of the Creativity Fan Model, that can be targeted to support the development of creativity are introduced.
Work-Do-Shops: Full Day (6 hours)
Integrating Creativity Into All Teaching & Learning
This session begins with an overview of the Creativity Fan Model. Teacher and student goals for each of the Four Instructional Elements and the Seven Action Areas will be shared. This Work-Do-Shop format allows time for educators to practice and re-design the strategies and tools introduced for their own classroom use. A major part of the day will be devoted to demonstrating and practicing integrating creativity into all content areas. The research and rationale supporting the vital need for creativity in today’s classrooms will be shared; including examples of how creativity affects all of us on daily and world changing levels. Educators will learn how to design product-based learning environments. Participants will leave with an understanding of how these learning environments are vital to the development and growth of creativity in their students. Strategies and templates that will be a part of the professional learning include:
- Pluses, Minuses, & Questions Tool
- S.C.A.M.P.E.R. Checklist Tool
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making Tools
- Product Planning Templates
- Passion Learning Unit
- Designing & Using Product Rubrics
- Fluency & Flexibility Exercises
- Creativity Curriculum Organizer
- Creative Thinking Tools & Strategies
Executive Function: Choices, Challenges, and Creativity
Executive Function (EF) skills are needed to navigate daily life. They are a set of cognitive processes that help children/students monitor and manage their behaviors. Adverse situations and daily life experiences can affect the EF abilities of all individuals. Children and students immersed in creative activities oftentimes need EF support to be successful and productive. They can get lost in generating endless ideas, impeding all EF skills. This Work-Do-Shop format allows time for educators to practice and re-design the strategies and tools introduced for their own classroom use. This full day session includes tools and strategies to support:
- Planning & Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Working Memory
- Impulse Control
- Cognitive Flexibility/Transitions
- Self Regulation
- Attentional Control
Institutes (2 Days)
Creativity 21 and Beyond!
This professional learning experience provides educators with an understanding of the role of creativity in 21st century classrooms and beyond. The Curiosita Teaching™ Program will be presented as model that gives teachers the instructional tools and curricular framework design elements to integrate creativity into all parts of teaching and learning. Attendees will leave the knowledge, skills, and tools to:
- Establish a creative classroom climate.
- Understand and support creative behaviors.
- Integrate the elements of creativity into instruction.
- Support teaching with and for creativity with research/rationales.
- Design project/product-based learning environments.
- View creativity as an essential tool for curriculum and instructional design.
- Develop templates for using creativity in all content areas.
- Use the seven components of the Creativity Fan Model in instruction.
- Teach with creative and critical thinking processes.
- Mentor students towards improved creative productivity.
- Manage student learning using a thinking vocabulary.
- Debunk the myths and negative perceptions of creativity.
- Understand creativity as a developmental skill that can be taught.
2 HR SESSION FOR PARENTS
Nurturing and Protecting Your Child’s Creativity
- What are the most important things to consider when choosing an education that will prepare children for the future?
- How much longer can America hold on to its innovative status with the current testing culture that exists in our schools?
- What role can parents play in nurturing and supporting children’s creativity?
Curiosita Teaching™ for Parents provides innovative and practical suggestions from current research and decades of parenting experience. The activities and tools presented are from the Curiosita Teaching™ award winning book, The Creativity Crusade: Nurturing & Protecting Your Child’s Creativity. Attending these sessions gives parents the confidence and knowledge to start making a difference in how children experience life, learning, and happiness. This engaging and thought-provoking program takes you on a journey of creative explorations from childhood through adulthood. All along the way providing tools, strategies, and mindsets needed to nurture and protect children’s creativity. Here are some things you will explore and ponder.
- How to use tools to improve creative and critical thinking.
- How the myths and misconceptions of creativity effect our beliefs.
- What you can do to build a creative climate in your home.
- How creativity leads to personal and professional happiness and success.
- How to advocate for more creativity in classrooms and schools.
- User-friendly tips & techniques that can be used everyday.
Curiosita Teaching™ helps parents and children unleash the power of their personal creativity!
Curiosita Teaching Keynotes
Creativity Coming of Age
Integrating creativity into all teaching and learning is now a goal that can be achieved by all parents and educators. The Makers Movement, Personalized Learning, STEAM programs and new legislation are opening the doors for learning creative thinking skills. These movements are the beginnings of what is needed for education - a change of mindsets about what is important for future generations. This keynote will inspire and challenge you to join The Creativity Crusade. Its vital role in the lives of our students and passionate creative change makers of the world will be shared. You will also hear reflections from students - sharing how their participation in a creativity classroom changed their thinking and how they experience life.
Changing Perceptions of Creativity
Perceptions of creativity are changing as education continues to be driven by global forces. Businesses and thought leaders are crying out for the skills of highly trained creative individuals. Parents are seeking schools that develop the skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creative thinking. And last but not in anyway least, teachers are demanding less emphasis on testing and more emphasis on teaching. Many are beginning to understand creativity as a dynamic that challenges mindsets and elevates learning to passionate levels of productivity. This Curiosita Teaching™ keynote provokes audiences into embracing a belief in the power and the essential need for integrating creativity into all teaching and learning.