Q: What stimulates creativity, reduces stress, motivates and engages students and has countless other benefits for education?
A: Laughter! Laughter is more than the best medicine. It can also help you become a more effective educator!
This book presents a clear, concise overview of humor far beyond its added enjoyment to life. It discusses the forms of humor and the theories of humor to help everyone understand the intellectual business behind the scenes. Use this book and learn how to successfully introduce humor into teaching with fun and practical strategies. The 100+ classroom-tested activities and easy-to-follow examples help educators use humor appropriately and effectively. Infuse humor into any academic content area and discover its powerful educational benefits:
- Enhanced academic content retention
- Obtaining and maintaining student attention
- Energizing students and teachers
- And much, much more!
Humor is a powerful learning tool. Find out how you can make it work for you and your students! Give yourself permission to use humor to make learning more fun and enjoyable. An added benefit will be discovering the humor-creativity connection!
- The Five Elements Related to Humor
- Humor Identification
- Forms of Humor
- Categories of Humor
- Humor Appreciation: “I can appreciate the humor but I don’t enjoy it.”
- Mirth Response: “A serious look at laughter.”
- Humor Comprehension: “Now I get it!”
- Humor Production: “Yes, you can learn to be funny.”
- Infusing Humor into Academic Subjects
- Action Plans: Classroom Tested Ideas
- Caveats When Using Humor in the Classroom
- Benefits of Using Humor in the Classroom
- How to Develop Your Sense of Humor
- Humor Action Plan
Size: 6 x 9 inches